Want to become a better athlete? Practice.
Want to learn to be a five-star chef? Practice.
Want to master public speaking? Practice.
When you want to get better at something, you work hard to practice and improve. So, if you want to improve your interview skills, grab a friend and ask them to do a practice interview with you.
While you may have no control over exactly what an interviewer asks, you can prepare some of the standard questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your greatest strength/weakness?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?
- How are you different from the competition?
- Describe a difficult work situation/project and how you overcame it.